Thursday, February 18, 2010

The breast feeding shuffle

I feel like I have been nursing for almost 6 years straight...oh wait, I have been. My Baby R is a nursing machine and at almost 10 months, I see no end in sight. Now that I am back to work full time, my life has been a strategic game of timing. Everything revolves around Baby R and his need for "chita". I spend a lot of time driving back and forth from work to home, and making sure that my appointments with my clients allow enough break in between to have a date with my little guy. He still gets up 2 to 3 times a night to eat, and with the madness of the day to day (not to mention the interrupted sleep), I am struggling on what to do. Knowing that he is most likely my last child, I do not want the experience of nursing to end. Is there anything wrong with a nursing 5 year old? On the other hand I could really use a long nap, escape for the weekend with Benny, and drink myself silly....all which are impossible at this point. We have good days and bad days with nursing. The good days are jam packed with intense love while he is eating and the bad days involve biting that brings tears to my eyes. Oh, I don't know. What I do know is that if it were up to my boobs, they would holler.....enough already!

No comments: