Sunday, March 28, 2010

I am a momma again!

Thanks to FB, I am now the proud momma of two pygmy goats. A friend was giving them away and posted it on FB. As if I did not have enough to do, I immediately responded that I would take them. The only problem was that although I had the land for them, I did not have a corral or anything to enclose them into. I put a call into my niece and asked if they would foster care for until I could prepare a home for them. After almost 2 months, we finally have the 2 newest members of our family, Jack and Tom. Miss M named them and has become quite the Goat Whisperer. She spends quite a bit of time in the fenced area with them, talking and trying to teach them tricks. One of them hopped on its back two legs, and she was certain that it was because of her incredible training. They really do not do much, other than eat and drop pellet sized poop all day. Every now and again they fight each other and bump heads. I am really hoping to find them a Mrs. to keep them company. Anybody needing to get rid of a female goat? I could really use the milk. Goats milk is so expensive!

No comments: